aseruwagi
1 Copper

Does xps 13 9360 support "windows hello"

Hi I have a xps 13 13 9360 and the PIN is greyed out. I am wondering does this laptop supports windows hello. I have tried to enable the PIN feature by editing the registry and enabling it on group policy but it is still greyed out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Abraham

0 Kudos
5 Replies
aseruwagi
1 Copper

RE: Does xps 13 9360 support "windows hello"

Windows 10 is installed

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

A PIN is not necessarily tied to Windows Hello but it is needed to set up a Hello option.  I do not know why yours would be greyed out.  Do you have any options, such as to Remove the PIN or a link for Forgot my PIN number?  Are you logged on with a Microsoft account?

You need to be careful messing with security settings or you may lose your activation/access.  Repairing the changes you made to the registry may be necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
aseruwagi
1 Copper

I sign in with a windows account and there no options to remove the PIN. The machine is on a domian with the PIN options enable through group policy and the local policy is setup the same to allow PIN.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

All I might suggest is to try signing in with a Microsoft Account to see if the PIN option would become available.  Many things in Win 10 are not available unless you are online in that manner, such as syncing files and Cortana.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Mary G
6 Indium

You need to have ordered the fingerprint reader on the keyboard which is optional ($25) to use Hello. From the sales site--

Microsoft Hello: Enjoy a password-free sign-in with the optional fingerprint reader that gives you the fastest, most secure way to unlock your Windows devices. Using your touch, it recognizes you apart from all others. It waves you in with a friendly hello and even works on apps and Microsoft Edge websites.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

0 Kudos