Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2016 12:00

Factory Rest my Dell Inspiron 5749

I have being trying to factory rest my Dell Inspiron 5749 laptop with no success, i downloaded Dell Backup and Recovery (DBAR) Application and installed it.

I ran the application and created a factory recovery media on a usb flash successfully.

I trayed to restore my laptop to the factory image without success and this note poped out (an error occured while selecting the system backup to restore).

I Left the flash memory attached to the laptop and restarted and pressing F12, entered the bios mode and selected boot from usb drive,the laptop buted from the flash drive and gived me the following error (IDS_ENVIRONMENT_INCOMPLETE) followed by another error (Restore7.exe-Application Error) followe by this text (The instructio at0x8fc1f43b referenced memory at 0x02ee6e80.The memory could not be read)

Note the system on my laptop is windows 10  64bit.

Any help

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2016 03:00

Hi,

The image that is created on the USB key is corrupt. We would be able to help you ,however we need the service tag to the system.

Kindly private message the service tag to the system .

Thanks

Robin

March 7th, 2016 01:00

How can I private message the service tag to the system

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 7th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Click on my name (ID) and you will be able to send me a request and after which you will be able private message me.

Thanks

Robin

March 7th, 2016 11:00

hi, i have the same problem, i have a dell inspiron 5558, windows 10, 64 bit.

i chose " factory image restore, then it says " windows cannot find a system image.. "

and i already have an USB from Dell

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 8th, 2016 01:00

Hi ,

Thank you for writing to us!

Since you have the USB key ,we would suggest that you back up the data on the system and do a reinstallation.

Thanks

Robin

1 Message

October 8th, 2016 00:00

I have the same problem and I can't get into my computer at all.  When I turn it on I get the Dell logo and then the blue bar which fills up, and the it says "wait" and then it says IDS_Environment_Incomplete and then I get the error that the 000(etc) memory could not be read.  THen...click ok to terminate this program and the computer turns off.   So I can't boot up at all.

No Events found!