Highlighted
1 Copper

File recovery after crash

HI,

Please can someone help - my laptop crashed and I am needing a file that i cant seem to find after the crash.

I did an Euseas data recovery search and searched, the program found the document. Euseas want $69 for me to get the file! 

Any ideas how I can find the file and get it back to my machine without paying this fee??

Any help would be great, thank you so much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
8 Krypton

RE: File recovery after crash

The free "Recuva" MAY help.  Worth a try.

www.piriform.com/recuva

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with Gigabyte Designare Z390,  i7 8700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.6 Pro Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719DGF Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Stellar Windows data recovery software is another tool for recovering lost data. I believe its worth trying this data recovery tool for recovering your data from the crashed drive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can you connect the drive to a working PC, then just copy the important files or DBs to a working box?  If the data is really important there is always data recovery companies. I'll see if I can find the one we use. We just had to send out a RAID array for recovery. I once heard a good quote about data recovery, a normal tech attempting to recover data from a damaged drive is similar to a nurse attempting brain surgery. 

Try to scan with the demo of Disk Drill or Recuva

0 Kudos