Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2015 13:00

How to set up Windows Hello ?

My laptop Dell 5548 which is compatible with Hello doesn't show me the option to set it up even after i set up a pin I uninstalled my Intel HD 5500 graphics to solve the Internal_Power_Error and now i cant find the driver necessary for windows hello i tried using Intel update utility

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 29th, 2015 16:00

This is a good document from Verge that goes over Windows 10 Hello. From what I understand about Hello is that it currently supports most fingerprint readers out there, but requires Intel’s REALSENSE infrared camera for facial recognition. Without having REALSENSE or a fingerprint reader unfortunately your 5548 isn’t going to be compatible with Microsoft’s Hello.

TB 

August 8th, 2015 08:00

let me know that your camera is working well on you dell laptop

if yes then go to uninstall all the intel drivers related to camera and display

then go to link and download

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

then Download Intel® Driver Update Utility.

install this on your pc then install all the drivers and the real sense driver

then go to sing in option and add a pin to your pc

then finally you can see the windows hello

tell me if that works 

if that doesn't work then you need to reset your pc

5 Posts

July 29th, 2015 16:00

My Dell 5548 has Intel RealSense 3D camera Dell 5548 is one of the few laptops that support windows hello I just need the driver or software to activate i am searching all threads still cant find it will revert to windows 8 until i find it

4 Posts

July 29th, 2015 22:00

Take a look at the tutorial here to setup Windows Hello, step by step. And I also heard that if you need to make the Windows Hello work with your hardware, a driver is required to install.

5 Posts

July 30th, 2015 05:00

Could you please direct me to the driver that is necessary to install i cant find it on any website will windows 10 search for it automatically ?

It would be of great help if you could tell me what the driver is named or where I can find it

4 Posts

July 30th, 2015 06:00

If the Windows does not automatically update the drive, and Dell does not have the drive, then I think you must to wait. Or you can search for some tools on the internet to scan your computer and update drive.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 30th, 2015 09:00

Navneesh,

Here is the current document that Dell has on Windows 10 Hello and Intel Real Sense 3D cameras.

Specific System support

As of July 14, 2015 only 5 Dell systems are equipped with an Intel RealSense/3D camera.

• Inspiron 2350
    • Inspiron 5457
    • Inspiron 5557
    • Inspiron 5459
    • Inspiron 7459

The only exception to this at this time is the Latitude 3470 and 3570’s which use an IR camera also seems to work.

The RealSense 3D camera looks very different than a normal webcam and you can tell from the following photos. The system on the left has a RealSense camera while the photo on the right has a normal Webcam. Does your system look like the photo on the left?  

I have checked support.dell.com and I didn’t find a Windows 10 driver for the RealSense camera at least under the 5548. I will look to see if I can possibly find a driver from one of the other systems.

I will send you a friendship request shortly so we can private message each other and I can get your system information and double-check if your system should have a RealSense 3D camera.

TB

10 Posts

July 31st, 2015 07:00

you need to install the very latest Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager, v 1.4 HF2 from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager-DCM-

windows hello will appear and work after that

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 31st, 2015 09:00

SKYEWALKR,

Thank you for the post.  Did you test this driver on a 5548?  How does the Real Sense camera look on the system? If you don't have a 5548 what systems have you tested this with?

Thanks again.

TB

5 Posts

July 31st, 2015 11:00

I tried installing this as well as another real sense driver from dell's website both of them say that it failed to detect a real sense camera should i clean install to solve it

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

SKYEWALKR,

Nice, I am glad to read that Hello is working for you.  How old is your 5548, Have you received it before or after July 14th?

Does the RealSense camera look different than a normal webcam in your opinion?

TB

10 Posts

well i can tell you that my camera wasn't working after the upgrade and using the drivers posted on dell. decided to do a clean install and didnt bother with the dell drivers and installed the one i linked above. windows hello now works perfectly for me

10 Posts

yep i have the new inspiron 5548. did a clean install of win 10 (btw, some of the drivers posted on the support site for win 10 for this model aren't working...). After os install and after installing the intel 3d camera setting in the driver section of dell's support site for this model, the camera was recognized in windows but windows hello wasn't appearing. after researching, i installed the new driver i linked earlier and now windows hello facial recognition is working great. it's pretty amazing actually. unlocks the laptop maybe 2-3 seconds after boot up, which itself takes only 5-6 seconds or so. if you're used to face unlock in android it's quite similar, but seems much faster and works in a wider variety of lighting

10 Posts

July 31st, 2015 12:00

a bit before, end of june i think. physically it looks different, sensor area is much larger. the images appear brighter and more accurate. i've also noticed that it does a phenomenal job of capturing images in very dark rooms

10 Posts

July 31st, 2015 12:00

well it's mentioned in the engadget review and listed on windowscentral.com as well

www.windowscentral.com/here-are-all-pcs-support-windows-hello-facial-recognition-windows-10

www.engadget.com/.../windows-10-review

But if you've got a computer that supports Windows Hello -- that is, one with a fingerprint sensor, eye scanner or infrared camera (like Intel's RealSense 3D camera) -- you can also log in almost instantly with biometric authentication. There aren't many Windows Hello-capable devices out there right now -- the few include the Dell Inspiron 15 5548, HP Envy 15t and Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 15 -- but from the demos we've seen, it looks like a logical evolution from just typing in passwords.

No Events found!