Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 13:00

Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 Auto-Rotation

After Windows 10 upgrade, my laptop appears to be running flawlessly except one major annoyance: the screen no longer auto-rotates when in tablet mode.  This is a convertible PC, so this basically renders tablet mode useless. 

Details:

Fully updated system prior to installation of Win10

After upgrade, I updated all of dell's applications, drivers (one exception, see below)*, and bios.

Display settings - "Lock Position" is turned on permanently (greyed out, cannot adjust)

*When I try to upgrade the video driver, it fails because the recommended driver update for my system (July 23rd, 2015) says its older than the current version.

I suspect this is a driver issue.  Should I go ahead and install the older driver?  I know Win10 just rolled out so I expected a few hiccups but I was surprised to find very little info about this issue as of yet.  I use my laptop as a tablet quite frequently, so I would like to find a solution to this problem quickly. Thank you all for your help!

1 Message

August 1st, 2015 13:00

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution

Tick Allow screen to auto-rotate.

2 Posts

August 1st, 2015 15:00

Same here, any help from Dell Support team please?

2 Posts

August 1st, 2015 17:00

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 04:00

Mine has the same issue.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 09:00

Thank you so much for this solution! 

Also as a side note for others with this issue:  Obviously, this is not a video driver issue like I initially suspected.  However, if you believe you do have a driver issue, the driver which controls auto-rotation will be a Dell Application driver for your 3 axis accelerometer.  This different from the video drivers for your system.

Good luck all and thank you again!

5 Posts

January 31st, 2016 05:00

My rotation lock is also greyed out in laptop mode.  Switch to the easel mode (keyboard under) and the rotation lock button in the action center should be ungreyed out.

Apparently, Windows 10 thinks you should not be clicking on the rotation lock while in laptop mode.

No Events found!