Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 15:00

Inspiron 15 7537, clean install of Windows 10, SD Card reader driver issues

Hi, 

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 Home on my Inspiron 15 7537 (upgraded and activated first, then created boot media USB and reinstalled fresh)

The install seemed really quick and painless, and I found any missing drivers I needed on the Dell support site with ease (thanks)

I have no working SD card reader, though.  There's a corresponding 'Other Device' in device manager - PCI Device with the Hardware ID PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5287&SUBSYS_05F91028&REV_01

The Realtek RTS5227/RTL8411B driver that fits (recommended by service tag search) seems to install OK,but the device remains driverless, and I remain SD-Card-Readerless.

I've got the latest A13 BIOS, I've tried removing and re-discovering the device in device manager.  I must have turned the laptop off and on again a dozen times...

Any ideas?

2 Posts

August 1st, 2015 06:00

Same here, i think we must wait until dell release new driver that will work OK, if i try to install driver again, have BSOD :D

August 2nd, 2015 04:00

I found Realtek's own driver for this integrated card reader, which seems to work well.  See below.

Cheers

Charlie

August 2nd, 2015 04:00

Just in case this helps anyone, or in case Dell Tech Support want to yell "NO!", I tracked down Realtek's own driver for this integrated card reader, and it seems to be working well for me (Win 10 Home):

Realtek Card Controller drivers

The forum software is monkeying around with my link, so it may not be clickable. Another way to find the driver file:  www[dot]realtek[dot]com[dot]tw -> Downloads -> Computer Peripheral ICs - > Card Reader Solutions -> Card Reader Controllers -> Software

Hope that helps. Cheers Charlie

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 07:00

Works excelent, thanks!!

1 Message

November 14th, 2015 10:00

Excellent!  Thank you for such explicit directions. 

34 Posts

December 7th, 2015 07:00

I've just upgraded my 7537 to Windows 10 and the only issue I have is this Realtek card reader. I can install the drivers OK and the card reader will appear and show the card contents. However, the card reader just disappears at random but reappears if I restart the laptop.

I've tried the Dell Windows 10 driver, the Realtek site driver noted above, the driver installed by Windows Update and even the previous Windows 8 driver to no avail.

Have you any solutions to this?

1 Message

July 8th, 2020 18:00

I have the same problem:

I can install the drivers OK and the card reader will appear and show the card contents. However, the card reader just disappears at random but reappears if I restart the laptop.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 3rd, 2024 15:59

For anyone else having the issue, the Card reader driver can be downloaded directly from dell Downloads section for 7537. Worked for me after losing memory card reader completely following a clean Windows 10 re-installation: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7537/drivers

No Events found!