rijals
1 Copper

Inspiron 15R 5520 windows 10 support

Hi all, I am using same laptop (Inspiron 15R 5520) and upgraded to windows 10 and running smoothly and perfectly. I am wondering why Dell ignored to test such latest device with windows 10. If anybody need assistance contact me rather dell support, because dell does not have enough time to test this device with windows 10.

5 Replies

RE: Inspiron 15R 5520 windows 10 support

rijals,

Unfortunately, Dell did not test every computer for Windows 10. That doesn't mean that Windows 10 will not work on your computer. Windows 10 has built in drivers to support some systems that Dell did not test WIndows 10 on. Glad your system is running Windows 10 smoothly.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
mhassanrazzaq
1 Copper

If windows 10 has built in drivers for some devices , it doesn't means that, dell should not test its drivers .. means , what is this message, does it make any sense by a company like dell "Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." 

using such a latest system having i7 processor, and not running windows 10, only because my machine maker has disowned its device. wao . 

0 Kudos
khalidh
1 Nickel

Hi all, I am using same laptop (Inspiron 15R 5520) and upgraded to windows 10 and running smoothly and perfectly. I am wondering why Dell ignored to test such latest device with windows 10.

not test its drivers .. means , what is this message, does it make any sense by a company like dell "Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." 

still waiting for test.... plz test Inspiron 15R 5520

0 Kudos
Gle n
1 Copper

Upgraded to Windows 10 before finding out that the Inspiron 5520 was not "supported."  I cannot get the 2 finger scroll to work - any suggestions??  Thanks. Glen

0 Kudos
bjbjbrown
1 Copper

Hello Jesse,

I was told by Microsoft Community that my Inspiron desktop 546 may not work with Windows 10 and I have not been invited via system tray to get the download?. Is there a way to know for sure on this? Thank you. BJ

0 Kudos