Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2015 20:00

Inspiron 15R N5110 can be upgraded to windows 10

Hi All,

Those who are facing "Bios not supported" for windows 10 upgrade from Get windows 10 App. Please update your Bios from A10 to A11. After you update you will still see the same error in the Get Windows 10 App because Microsoft will run the report for your laptop or Pc for a random week or a month. Once it updates your system requirements in the report to match the requirements for windows 10, you will get an update notification for Windows 10 upgrade. It took 2 weeks for me to update its reports after updating  my bios.

5 Posts

August 11th, 2015 11:00

Bizarrely, on my 15R, I upgraded to A11 BIOS - no change.

I then uninstalled the getwx app, reinstalled it, and then was able to reserve my upgrade straight away.  However, the app is still telling me that, even though my upgrade is reserved, my computer is incompatible.  Why, you may ask.  Well, the app usefully points me to the incompatibility report.... which is blank.

I guess I won't be getting 10 on this laptop after all.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 11th, 2015 12:00

Theres been reports of successful installs on this model. Ignore the get Windows 10 App and use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool directly, see here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows-10/

1 Message

August 15th, 2015 04:00

I updated my N5110 with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 4 hrs ago on a new ssd drive and a fresh install of win 7 with all drivers and bios updated .Everything went sweet no problems with any drivers.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2015 23:00

Mine also worked i put BIOS A11 and after a week or so  i got  pop up to upgrade to win 10 but when i clicked it was same error BIOS Un supported then i used the Media Creation Tool and tried and it went successful installation of Win 10 :) So yes this model can be upgraded to Win 10 with no issue till now 

1 Message

August 28th, 2015 01:00

Mine is still going sweet especially with new SSD hard drive 10 sec shutdown 30 sec startup. The only trouble I have is I've got no admin rights tried everything but doesnt work, may have to try a reinstall .Have you had any issues since your last post?

No Events found!