Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 6th, 2018 14:00

Inspiron 3650 Windows 10 licence/license is about to expire

Hi,

I bought this Inspiron 3650 in October of 2016 with Windows 10 pre-installed. For no apparent reason, it started delivering pop-up warnings a week ago or so that my "license is about to expire."

"All Control Panel Items > System" shows my version of Windows is "Windows 10 Home," and it shows Windows as presently "activated." But the popups (at start up and return from hibernation) bode ill tidings.

The operating system was supposed to have been covered in the price of the computer; it was fine until now.

Thanks for your help.

- JR

Up until a week or so ago: nothing. Now I see this every time I turn on the computer.Up until a week or so ago: nothing. Now I see this every time I turn on the computer.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 11th, 2018 06:00

• 

16.7K Posts

June 7th, 2018 08:00

JohnCRoscoe,

Click the link below and scroll to the first solution, follow the steps.

Fix ‘Your Windows License Will Expire Soon’ Error on Windows 10, 8.1 or 7

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

June 7th, 2018 14:00

If Windows is showing activated -- I would consider running a deep scan with Malwarebytes or something similar -- I suspect the alerts are not coming from Windows, but rather from some malware you picked up somewhere.

June 7th, 2018 16:00

Thanks for your help! The popups seems to have gone away; at least, I haven't seen one at startup nor after a few hours of uptime.

But now I've got a message reading "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows" that hovers in the bottom right corner of the main screen, just above the taskbar. ActivateWindowsBug.png

Thanks for your attention.

~jr

June 19th, 2018 06:00

Thanks again for your help. I tried the last of the many "try this" options from the help site you recommended: run the licensing troubleshooter. Sure enough, it quickly discovered it's license was valid and all nags and pop ups have ceased.

Much obliged!

1 Message

December 22nd, 2018 23:00

This is also my problem with my Dell G7, should have seen this solution from the first day, this really helped, WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON shows up on my screen for like 5 times every 30 minutes. I did what the instructions said, I run Command Prompt and followed the next steps, after using troubleshoot to windows activation, they found a digital license linked to my microsoft account and then they validated my windows cope. THANKS YA'LL!

1 Message

January 26th, 2019 09:00

Hey, JohnCRoscoe I have read a blog there also explained about "windows license will expire soon windows 10" and how to fix it.. and it's working for my pc hope you like visit at https://www.skytechosting.com/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/

Thanks

Peter.F

May 8th, 2020 03:00

Actually this method is not working anymore. So, we have to look for another.

No Events found!