Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2017 18:00

Inspiron 5749 error on startup because the digital signature on a file could not be verified

After forcing a hard reset after my laptop hung up for a long time without any display it started trying to repair itself, unsuccessfully. It now permanently hangs up with the following message:

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The Operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified.

File: \WINDOWS\System32\intelpep.sys

Error Code: 0xc0000428

You'll need to use recovery tools.  If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device).  Contact your PC Administrator or PC/Device Manufacturer

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 29th, 2017 15:00

:emotion-2:

Windows 10 is on the system? You're able to boot into windows ?

2 Posts

November 1st, 2017 15:00

Windows 10 is on the system, but I am unable to boot.  It hangs up with the message that I transcribed and I can't get any further.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 07:00

I'd suggest using another computer and create a windows 10 installation media from the link below. You'll need a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space.

Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 08:00

After you created the bootable windows 10 installation media:

1. Insert the flash drive into a USB port of the computer that needs to be fix.

2. Power the computer off.

3. Power the computer on, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. At the boot menu, select the flash drive(windows 10 installation media) under UEFI BOOT.

4.In the windows setup, select your keyboard language.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

You can select Repair Your Computer option (or reinstall windows 10) to give you the necessary tools to get back into windows.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

After selecting the Repair Your Computer option,  click Troubleshoot,  and then Advanced Options. You could either run System Restore, Startup Repair or Run System File Checker  into Command Prompt.

16 Posts

November 4th, 2017 04:00

You are facing the issue as some the drivers do not have proper signatures.

Use an installation media and follow these steps to disable driver signature enforcement
and check.

a.      
In the
‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on
‘next’.

b.     
Click on
Repair your computer.

c.      
Click on
Troubleshoot and then select Windows Startup Settings.

d.     
Click “Restart” button to restart your computer again.

e.     
This restart will bring you to the traditional menu list that has options such as Safe Mode,
Disable driver signature enforcement etc.

You can create an installation media by referring to the following link.

How to create installation media for a PC refresh or reset

windows.microsoft.com/.../create-reset-refresh-media

Reference:

Troubleshooting Boot Issues due to missing Driver signature (x64)

blogs.technet.com/.../troubleshooting-boot-issues-due-to-missing-driver-signature-x64.aspx

No Events found!