Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

September 10th, 2015 16:00

Inspiron 7537 touch screen not working with windows 10

Hi,

My 7537 Inspiron touch screen is not working after the upgrade to Windows 10.

In device manager a USB device shows as unknown (yellow warning triangle), otherwise there are no indications to the source of the problem.  There is no other touch screen device showing in device manager. There do not appear to be any touch screen drivers on the Dell website.

Suggestions please ?

• 

16.7K Posts

September 11th, 2015 06:00

kkjhd,

You can click the link below to download the touchpad driver for this system. The drivers shows it is for 32 bit but will work with Windows 10 64 bit.

Dell TouchPad Driver

9 Posts

September 11th, 2015 08:00

Jesse,

Thank you for responding. I already have the Touch Pad driver and the touch pad is working correctly. Despite this I reinstalled your suggested driver but no improvement.

My problem is the Touch Screen. This was working until the windows 10 update. 

Now System reports, 'no pen or touch input is available for this display'.

regards, Eric

• 

16.7K Posts

September 11th, 2015 12:00

kkjhd,

I found this fix on the Microsoft Answers Forum. The user has an HP with the same issue. It appears the problem was from a Windows Update. Try the steps mentioned in the below post and let me know what or if it resolves your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/solved-windows-10-touch-screen-acts-as-mouse/f8dd869d-993b-4f0d-9a92-def0f0f9fc68?auth=1

9 Posts

September 11th, 2015 14:00

Jesse,

I can't find anything in that link that helps me.

Solution 1: In device manager I don't have a touch screen driver present under either 'mice and other pointing devices' or under 'human interface device' (which I think is where it used to be).

Solution 2; my computer crashes with an error 'video_dxgkrnl_error' (or similar to this) if I run hardware troubleshooting.

Solution 3; the problem arose with the windows 10 installation not a windows update. There is no installed update that is identified as being related to the touch screen.

My system does not recognise that a touch screen is present, in control panel > system; 'no pen or touch input is available for this display'.

So the touch screen hardware is not recognised and there is no touch screen driver present.

Any more ideas ?

thanks, Eric

9 Posts

September 15th, 2015 03:00

Jesse,

Thanks, I have looked at those but nothing there to help me.

Since the Win 10 update my touch screen hardware is not recognised, nothing shows up for it in device manager in either  'human interface devices, or in 'mice and other pointing devices'.

The only problem I can see in device manager is an 'unknown usb device', presumably this is the un-recognised touch screen hardware (no external usb devices are connected). If I scan for hardware changes the system crashes every time.

How do I get the touch screen hardware to be recognised correctly in Win 10 ?

thanks, Eric

3 Posts

September 24th, 2015 14:00

I too had the same kind of crashes, its because of NVIDIA driver issue. Update Display driver, then update the TouchScreen.

1 Message

December 10th, 2015 12:00

hi kkjhd,

Actually I am also facing the same problems which you have mentioned in this forum.I bought this laptop 1 week back and now I am facing this problem,its very irritating.Plese tell me what you did to make your touchscreen again start functioning...

Hope for a fast reply

Kunal

9 Posts

December 11th, 2015 05:00

There is no solution that I know of. I don't have the touchscreen working and no answers to this problem that I can find. Touchscreen won't work in either desktop or tablet mode. Not a good outcome so far.

3 Posts

February 8th, 2016 02:00

I'm having same problem with mine, How about clean install? but my problem is I'm not familiar with the UEFI bios of the Laptop. I have the DVD copy of the Dell windows 8.1 which i converted to an ISO and made a bootable USB drive,but with no luck.

9 Posts

February 8th, 2016 08:00

I did a clean install to a new hard drive using a win 7 pro disk (I needed to set bios to legacy first) and then followed with an upgrade to win10. At the end of all that I have the same problem, no touch screen and no camera either. So it looks like it is a hardware failure and the fact it occurred with the win10 upgrade is just coincidence. I almost certainly need a new motherboard to resolve this, unfortunately this is likely to be uneconomic. Very unhappy that such a premium laptop had such a major fault when less than 2 years old. Also very unhappy with the 1 year warranty period Dell give in the UK.

3 Posts

February 9th, 2016 01:00

Well I was able to did a clean install of Win8.1 but the problem is still there,under the device manager,one of the USB has a problem with the driver, I already downloaded all the drivers from the Dell support and I even installed the Advanced Driver Updater.The touch screen still won't work.1 year warranty already expired.

3 Posts

October 1st, 2016 08:00

Sounds like same problem here. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but it seems like right after doing a major Windows 10 update (from Windows 10 to Windows 10 update) things went sour. I first noticed my two-finger touchpad scroll was gone. Also, the touch screen isn't working right (some features of both work and some don't. It is the scrolling that most annoys me. Of course, my 1 yr warranty is just up. GRR.

Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

9 Posts

December 27th, 2016 12:00

My failed touchscreen was down to a failure of the cable from the motherboard to the touch panel in the lid (the same cable connects the camera). Solution was to replace the cable. My screen failed too after a while and that was also down to the screen cable. It seems that the cables that connect the motherboard to the lid assembly are vulnerable to failure where they  pass through the hinges.

September 6th, 2018 01:00

This problem is very common today. I also was searching to fix this issue but could not find any satisfied answer. I met a blog, it says go to device manager and disable your touch screen and then enable again it. You can try it.

Source: https://windowsclassroom.com/disable-touch-screen-windows-10/

SourceS

No Events found!