Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 3rd, 2015 13:00

Inspiron N4010 14R, Broadcom virtual wireless adapter compatibility issue

Has anyone tried to upgrade to W10 from W7 SP1 utilizing this adapter? and if so any issues? I am unable to upgrade to W10 due to this compatibility issue. Broadcom corp indicates that they work thru dell to update applicable drivers. any thoughts would be appreciated. thank you.

14 Posts

August 7th, 2015 10:00

Good Morning,

Went thru the advised steps to download W10 and all is good. Some minor glitches that I will need to  resolve. But so far the system is running well. Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Best wishes.

1 Message

September 24th, 2015 07:00

I have the same problem updating to Windows 10.  In the Device Manager on my machine under Network Adapters I see:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter

DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

I do not see a Broadcom 802.11 network adapter

I do not want to delete the wrong item on my machine.  Please help as to what I should delete and what I should keep.

Thank you

14 Posts

September 24th, 2015 09:00

ok well what I did to resolve this issue was to Remove the Broadcom Virtual adapter but DO NOT UNINSTALL THE DRIVER because it is needed to run the wireless. You will see in the Broadcom dialog box once you uninstall the Broadcom it will ask you if want to remove the Driver. DO NOT REMOVE or check this box. Then go to MS and to the Media center to upgrade to W10. Good luck. 

14 Posts

September 24th, 2015 10:00

Correction:: go to MS Media creation tool and upgrade this PC.

3 Posts

November 25th, 2015 14:00

Hello. I am also having the same trouble with this. I have a Dell Inspiron 2305, and when I clicked on the left arrow, I got this:

Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter

DW1501Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

What should I do from here?

14 Posts

November 27th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

I am unclear if you are having an issue with you Broadcom Virtual wireless that prevents downloading W10? If so, go to Device Manager click on the wireless box then uninstall BUT DO NOT UNISTALL THE DRIVERS. then go Microsoft.com to download W10. Good luck. Once I uninstalled the  Broadcom Wireless the W10 download proceeded flawlessly, and also the new W10 update.

3 Posts

November 28th, 2015 17:00

I'm not sure what the wireless box is. Can you tell me specifically what I need to click on? I opened up Device Manager but I don't know what to do from there.

14 Posts

November 30th, 2015 11:00

go to device manager and open the network adapter click on Broadcom wireless virtual. Click uninstall but DO NOT UNINSTALL THE DRIVERS. You still need these drivers. But as stated in my previous post if the issue that prevented the W10 update is the Broadcom then you need to uninstall this adapter. good luck.

3 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 15:00

Do I right-click uninstall? Because if I double-click it, then it will lead me to uninstalling the drivers. I just want to make sure, so I don't mess up and do something wrong.

No Events found!