Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Inspiron N4010 14R, Broadcom virtual wireless adapter compatibility issue

Hi.

Yes, I removed the adapter without removing the driver. (I left the box empty in the Confirm dialogue).

Greetings.-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Did you remove this device in the device manager? I am still trying to determine where to remove this if it not from the device manager properties. Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi.

Yes, I followed the steps that  wrote:

"Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, Network adapters and click the small left arrow: you should see a few  items, including Broadcom 802.11 network adapter and Broadcom Virtual WIFI adapter.

Do NOT delete the 802.11 adapter, since it is the driver that controls you wifi card. But you can safely delete any VIRTUAL adapter."

Then I right click over the Broadcom, and uninstall it.

Greetings.-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi,

Ok thanks again for your info. I followed your instructions and uninstalled Broadcom but left the driver. Once that has been completed which way did you install W10? any issues? thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I recommend Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Dowload it from MS site, choose "Upgrade my computer now" and follow the instructions.

After the update there might be some issues, as always.It depends on your machine. Try to find out if someone else has upgraded N4010.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi.

I will wait until sunday to install Windows 10. Hope no issues with the upgrade.

Greetings.-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Good Morning,

Went thru the advised steps to download W10 and all is good. Some minor glitches that I will need to  resolve. But so far the system is running well. Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same problem updating to Windows 10.  In the Device Manager on my machine under Network Adapters I see:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter

DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

I do not see a Broadcom 802.11 network adapter

I do not want to delete the wrong item on my machine.  Please help as to what I should delete and what I should keep.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

ok well what I did to resolve this issue was to Remove the Broadcom Virtual adapter but DO NOT UNINSTALL THE DRIVER because it is needed to run the wireless. You will see in the Broadcom dialog box once you uninstall the Broadcom it will ask you if want to remove the Driver. DO NOT REMOVE or check this box. Then go to MS and to the Media center to upgrade to W10. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Correction:: go to MS Media creation tool and upgrade this PC.

0 Kudos