Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Inspiron N4010 14R, Broadcom virtual wireless adapter compatibility issue

Hello. I am also having the same trouble with this. I have a Dell Inspiron 2305, and when I clicked on the left arrow, I got this:

Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter

DW1501Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

What should I do from here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi,

I am unclear if you are having an issue with you Broadcom Virtual wireless that prevents downloading W10? If so, go to Device Manager click on the wireless box then uninstall BUT DO NOT UNISTALL THE DRIVERS. then go Microsoft.com to download W10. Good luck. Once I uninstalled the  Broadcom Wireless the W10 download proceeded flawlessly, and also the new W10 update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm not sure what the wireless box is. Can you tell me specifically what I need to click on? I opened up Device Manager but I don't know what to do from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

go to device manager and open the network adapter click on Broadcom wireless virtual. Click uninstall but DO NOT UNINSTALL THE DRIVERS. You still need these drivers. But as stated in my previous post if the issue that prevented the W10 update is the Broadcom then you need to uninstall this adapter. good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Do I right-click uninstall? Because if I double-click it, then it will lead me to uninstalling the drivers. I just want to make sure, so I don't mess up and do something wrong.

0 Kudos