Highlighted
2 Bronze

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console Driver update failure

My INSPIRON 3459 attempts to update this driver, but it always fails. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console. I have no idea why, but it keeps scanning, downloading, installing: Failure. Anything I should do to get this to install. There is also another Driver that is failing as well. But this never succeeds.                                        

14 Replies
Highlighted
5 Iridium

RE: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console Driver update failure

emoticon.BigSmile.title

It could be the System Setup(BIOS) is outdated, therefore I'd suggest following the instructions in link below to safety installed the latest BIOS version onto the system.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer (Official ...

Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console Driver update failure

Thanks for your response. My BIOS is up to date, so there must be another issue preventing the drivers from updating.

Highlighted
5 Iridium

Windows 10 is on the system? Also, is Dell Update utility installed on the system?

Highlighted
5 Rhenium

I have one system (older) which is currently running the Storahci.sys drivers for my SATA controller.  It will not install the Intel Drivers.  Probably due to the iastora.sys situation which as been going on.

Make sure you are not trying to install the Optane memory drivers since one download is specific to that.

5 Iridium

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system....

Please type Setting onto the [Cortana] search box, select Apps,  click Apps & features, click on Dell Update and then Modify.

Highlighted
5 Iridium

You can either select Change, Repair, or remove Dell Update:

Highlighted
5 Iridium

Please select Repair:

Highlighted
5 Iridium

Lastly,

If repair doesn't fix the problem, I suggest you uninstall Dell Update and then reinstall the latest version of Dell Update from your Dell Product Support page. Please type Application onto the keyword search box in the link below:

Support for Inspiron 14 3459 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

Highlighted
1 Copper

You can download the latest drivers directly from:

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

and then install it.