Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2017 13:00

Latitude XT3 touch screen in Windos 10

Hi, i have two xt3 's that where working fine in windows 7.   After upgrading to windows 10,  the touch screen isn t working anymore.

In device manager i don t have any devices in error.     I sse ntrig driver which seems to work and i have two hid input devices which i assume one of the is the touch screen.  

So all looks ok, but still no touch.  I saw on this forum that several people have no problem running win 10 on an xtr3 .   Any tips ?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 7th, 2017 13:00

Lastly,

Please go to device manager again, stroll down to Human Interface Devices and then expand it. Right click touch screen driver, click on 'Properties, Power Management and then make sure there isn't a check mark in the box - Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power). Look for other USB Input Device. If there are more of these, you might have to repeat it for all of them.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Third - If the touch screen still isn't fix:

Power off system, remove all peripherals, AC adapter and battery. Press 'Power On' button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power. Wait about 15 minutes, install battery, adapter and then power on system. Hopefully touch screen is fix now.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Secondly - You could calibrate the touch screen and see if that will make a difference. Please click on link below:

How Do I Calibrate My Touchscreen? | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

First - I'd suggest you check for the latest window updates are installed on system. Please type Settings onto [Cortana] search box, click on Update & Security, and then 'Check For Updates'. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. Please check Update History for any failed updates.

3 Posts

February 8th, 2017 10:00

hi

thanks for your effort so far

To react on your suggestions

1. laptop has latest updates installed

2. cannot calibrate as touch screen doesn't work.  

3. I unchecked the energy savings button but no change.  Note that in device manager these are part of the ntrig device driver suite on my laptop.

rgds/eddy.

1 Message

February 26th, 2022 15:00

For anybody that cares still.  LSUFAN has no idea what the problem is. The problem is that windows updates screws up the touch screen. Don't install any windows updates. There was a version of windows 10 update that rendered the touch screen inoperable. The only way to use the touchscreen is to reset your windows and don't install any updates and turn off autoupdates so your computer doesn't update without your permission.

No Events found!