Highlighted
kkazem
1 Copper

M6800 with Windows 10, Fingerprint Scanner Intermittent

I have a Dell M6800 laptop with built-in fingerprint scanner and I've upgraded to Windows 10. It works usually after a restart, but many times when I awaken it from sleep mode, it completely ignores the scanner like it's not there. I notice disk activity when it works after placing my finger on it. But when it's not working, there is no disk activity. In that case, I have to login with a password. When awakening from sleep mode, It's about 50/50 that it won't work. I have the latest drivers for the fingerprint scanner. But I don't think it's the scanner, I think it's the OS or the Control Vault related to the fingerprint scanner. Please help as this is annoying and time consuming. I paid the extra money for this feature so I could login fast, but that's not happening. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: M6800 with Windows 10, Fingerprint Scanner Intermittent

kkazem,

You can click the link below to download the 2 files for the Windows 10  Control Vault as well as any other Windows 10 driver you need.

Precision M6800 Windows 10 Drivers and Downloads

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

0 Kudos