Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 23rd, 2018 11:00

MaxxAudio not working in the latest Realtek drivers (8555)

This issue appeared in the last version (6.0.1.8432 I believe) but it's still present in the newest release (6.0.1.8555) of the Realtek HD Audio drivers. I have to keep reinstalling an older driver (8216 is the most recent one I could find) to have MaxxAudio working

The problem is MaxxAudio does nothing in the new drivers. The control panel software is still there (and it's updated too, because there are a few changes like having an Earbuds option instead of Headphones Small), but the audio isn't being affected. It's not active because the speakers sound weak and tinny (which is why I need it - it makes them sound ok) and none of the controls change this. Turning it on and off, turning knobs or moving sliders, nothing. Multiple reboots haven't changed this

If I reinstall the 8216 driver, after a warning about how it's an older version, everything works fine. These newer drivers don't. I'd like to update - especially since there's been an urgent update - but as far as I'm concerned having MaxxAudio working is a requirement. Plus it automatically updated again in the background last night, not sure how, but if that keeps happening it's going to be a problem

Is this where you report bugs, or can someone pass it on to the team? I can give you more information if you need it, but I don't really know where to start troubleshooting this

(This is on an XPS 9560, Windows 10 1803)

11 Posts

December 6th, 2018 14:00

All right cheers, I'll see what he says. My presets get wiped when the driver updates, so I can't switch to those. I haven't tried creating a new preset - even if that worked, I can't hear what I'm doing, so it's not really a solution. I'd just stick with the old drivers over having to do something like that. And nothing's changed about my setup other than the driver, I'm not changing any Windows settings - the old one always works, the new one never does

3 Posts

December 19th, 2018 03:00

Im having the same problem, same laptop, latest Realtek drivers.

1 Message

January 16th, 2019 09:00

I have a new Dell G3 laptop and seem to have the same problem. MaxxAudio sounds great, playing Spotify, Netflix, etc much lower volume. I have tried to update Realtek in Device Manager but it claims I am updated. Also can't find the right audio download on the Realtex site. Contacted Dell support but lost phone connection and they haven't gotten back to me. 

Realtek Audio Driver version 6.0.1.8443 5/8/2018

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just to add, I did find the download for 6.0.1.8555 on the Dell site, installed it and it made a tiny difference but still not close to my HP or MaxxAudio on this computer. What a pain. 

3 Posts

January 15th, 2021 09:00

No, dell support absolutely consists of noobs, and will never help you solve anything. Worse choice of my life.

March 7th, 2021 23:00

Hello your Dell product developer. Can you imagine that there are authorities on which the app installer and the Microsoft Store are uninstalled? Or that there are companies that use the Enterprise Edition Win 10 LTSC? A PC must be installed unattended in a company (offline, of course). The drivers must also be available in native form, otherwise the PC / notebook is only for private use. Use one of the approaches to a solution, but our original image shows a lot of self-confidence, just let the BSI check your original image.

Conclusion Our company now has over 1000 devices on which the sound card does not work. Dell can no longer be considered for any further tendering.

PS. Other manufacturers can provide a native driver with the same sound card.
So it's not a question of possibility, but of wanting.

Really angry Dell customer.

January 1st, 2022 09:00

The problem was solved after getting the windows 11 waves driver update on Jan 1-2022

using DELL XPS 9305

No Events found!