Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2016 20:00

Monitor Issues after upgrading to Wndows 10 on my Dell XPS L702X

I have had nothing but issues with Windows 10 on my work and personal laptop. This post is about my personal laptop the Dell XPS L702X. Since upgrading my screen flickers and will go to an unreadable state and I have to wait for it to change back to its normal view. Has anyone found a fix for monitor issues. I've tried Microsoft chat support but they want me to pay and I refuse because my computer was fine until I upgraded. I've also googled with no fixes that work.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 21st, 2016 05:00

mandy3980,

Your computer needs windows 10 video drivers as well as any other Windows 10 driver for the installed hardware to work properly. Unfortunately, Dell did not create any Windows 10 drivers for this computer.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

June 23rd, 2016 08:00

You can use the Create Media tool to make installation disk for installing Windows 8.1 if you want to return to win 8.1. You must do a custom install (clean install) so follow the directions. Win 7 will need your original reinstall disk.

3 Posts

June 24th, 2016 13:00

Mary, by clean install do you mean I will loose all my files and installed programs? My computer will be like it was brand new? What interesting about needing a disk for Windows 7 is that I don't think my laptop ever came with a disk. Go figure......

3 Posts

June 24th, 2016 13:00

Well that is pretty bad customer service of Dell in my opinion. It would've been nice to know before upgrading because my computer was fine before.

19 Posts

June 28th, 2016 04:00

i believe your computer has "optimus" dual graphics, for intel and nvidia.  i had MANY problems until i entered into the bios / video and turned off "optimus".  the effect is to leave only the nvidia graphics working, which is a good thing!  you may have to restart once or twice after changing the bios.   bios is entered by holdiing F12 as the computer starts up and scrolling to 'bios'.  good luck.

No Events found!