FredGreco
1 Copper

RE: New XPS15 - how to turn off awful window snap menu

Thank you! I found this fix after one quick Google search.

kxlin913
1 Copper

Dell, listen to your customers. Did your testers actually use this "feature"? I'm glad finally I can get rid of it! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SB_VA
1 Copper

Thank you!

Kailon
1 Copper

Thank you!

0 Kudos
SaladSpoons
1 Copper

Thank you so much! I've been searching for a way to disable this feature for months, but couldn't even tell what to call it to ask how to get rid of  it.

WORST feature by Dell EVER!

Highlighted

This evil feature on my XPS 27 had been blighting my life for months. I'd always assumed it was a Windows 10 thing. Never heard of Dell Premier Color before. Thanks to everybody who posted instructions for disabling it.

ravellin
1 Copper

Nope, this does not solve it, even after restart.

0 Kudos
AndyD1
1 Copper

Thanks for this, it always annoyed me but, rather than disabling it, I ended up just selecting the single screen option for each monitor.  Now it does make it quicker to drag an app to the other screen but doesn't try and stick it in a stupid sized window 🙂

I may yet disable it but at least I know how.  Cheers

0 Kudos
Pav2008
1 Copper

Too much fuss kicking for something trivial like this. On my XPS the snap popup only appears at the start of the dragging action then goes away, so its hardly a big thing. I actually found it useful when working with multiple monitors, especially at very high resolutions where having a single app window per monitor is a waste of space. 

0 Kudos

@Pav2008 wrote:

Too much fuss kicking for something trivial like this. On my XPS the snap popup only appears at the start of the dragging action then goes away, so its hardly a big thing. 

If only. It usually unsticks, but not always. Today was particularly awful. It would be a LOT less awful if, it remains sticky for whatever reason, it were dismissable. It'd been annoying the living crudola out of me all day today.

I re-size my own windows for each window and each monitor the way I want them, not the way this "helpful" app dictates.

It really shouldn't have been buried in an unrelated app.

0 Kudos