Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2017 23:00

No Boot Device Found.

Dell Inspirion 13-7353

System BIOS: 1.14.1

Service tag: 

ePSA: Build 4304.09 UEFI ROM

I updated Window 10 yesterday, and woke up this morning to finde out that my laptop went crazy.

When I turned it on, the supportassist popped up and said, "Operating System Loader has no signature. Incompatible with SecureBoot. All bootable devices failed Secure Boot verification."

First, I went Set up(F2), then Boot Sequence to change boot into Legacy.

It didn't work. Now it says "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot," and keeps on going on loop.

Secondly, I disabled the Secure Boot, but it's  still stuck on "November Boot device found."

Thirdly, I tried hard reboot, opened the back and unplugged/replugged the battery, HDD, and CMOS battery. Nothing worked.

Lastly, I read online that I should remove HDD off the laptop and if it passes the Dell Logo splash screen, it means HDD is faulty. I tried it and it went past the Dell Logo. So does it really mean I have a faulty HDD?

I don't know much about hardwares and stuff so it would be very kind of you guys to help me☺

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 11th, 2017 08:00

If the problem is what the message states, turning off Secure Boot should have allowed it to boot.  You do not need to go to Legacy since a UEFI system will not boot that way.

If something is corrupted, hard to tell what type of message you might get.  I have seen a bad drive cause problems because the system cannot read it.  But your system should be able to boot to a DVD or USB drive is configured correctly.

Someone may tell you to run the boot diagnostics to see if the drive is having a problem.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 11th, 2017 10:00

Please run the Diagnostic tool to check hard drive on the system by following steps below:

1. Power off system

2. Power on system, quickly tap the F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click it. After quick tests, click on Hard Drive and then Thorough Test Mode.  Report back any error code.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Also check and see if the Hard drive is detected in the BIOS

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If there isn't any error code and Hard drive is detected in BIOS, Reset the BIOS to Default Values and see if that will make a difference. If the problem still isn't fix, I suggest you download Windows 10 installation media in the link below to either reinstall windows 10 or use the Repair Your Computer option.

Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com

June 11th, 2017 15:00

The Hard drive is detected and so I ran the diagnostic but it crashed. Colorful bars (?) popped up so I had to turn it off. It's so tick stuck on No Boot Devices Found loop

nvm it worked. No problem was detected after running the diagnostic so I guess I need try what LSUFAN51 suggested.

when I try to run the diagnostic, the computer crahses. I get this colorful bars on screen so I have to turn it off. Do you have any ideas to what that means?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

When you see the colorful bars, you must quickly click "Yes". If you do not respond for 30 seconds, the diagnostics will automatically assume your response as 'No' and proceed to the laptop LCD built-in self test (BIST).

I ran the diagnostic tests but it crashed. A colorful bars came up so I had to turn it off. It's still stuck on No Boot Device Found loop

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 12th, 2017 13:00

nvm it worked. No problem was detected after running the diagnostic so I guess I need try what LSUFAN51 suggested.

So when you start your system and use F12 to open the boot device menu, you do not see a Windows Boot Manager you can select?

Reinstalling, will usually clear up problems with an install and you probably already knew that.  But something messed with your normal boot.  If you get the system back, be aware if the hard drive is the problem, you may want to back everything up.  If it was the Windows update, then it might happen again when you receive the same type of update...

Your situation is the first time I have seen a message regarding Secure Boot capability, on a system that was booting normally.   I believe I would be interested in a possibility of a virus infection..

35 Posts

July 11th, 2017 05:00

Well, in this case first scan for the malware or viruses as this also cause the error and after that enable- disable the fast startup feature. Also check the install graphics drivers. It is found that this is a graphics driver issues particularly for the laptops that are switched between Intel HD Graphics and from Nvidia or AMD. So verify this and disable your AMD or Nvidia graphics driver.

http://fixwindowserror.weebly.com/

July 13th, 2017 23:00

Try this worked for me

Operating System Loader Has No Signature . . .

these steps resolved my issue:

1. On Startup, press F12

2. Reset Bios to default settings

3. Restart laptop

4. In Bios, select Boot Sequence menu

5. Manually ADD additional line with the name "Windows Boot Manager"

6. Select /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

7. Exit

December 7th, 2017 15:00

This helped with my gf's computer. After she installed one update today, the laptop couldn't find no bootable device, even if SSD was recognized. So thanks @Mansoorpataudi, after 4 hours of searching, your finally did it

2 Posts

December 13th, 2017 10:00

Thanks for this!  Dell support told me to re-install the OS.  While I was on chat with them I tried your steps and they worked.  I shared your information with them.  How did you figure this out?

1 Message

December 23rd, 2017 19:00

Thanks a bunch! Been searching for awhile on how to fix it and your suggestion worked.

No Events found!