Highlighted
Adnb
1 Copper

Not Able to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1

Dear All,

I Had just bought a new Windows 10 pro CD from a retail shop.

But my Dell Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1 is not letting me to chose windows 10 pro in the start of  installation process .

It continues itself choosing the windows 10 home for the new installations every time I tried.

I tried doing clean installation by removing the default partition but no solution come up.

Please help and advise to install windows 10 pro in my Dell Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1.

looking too hear your feedbacks.

Thanks

Adnb

7 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

RE: Not Able to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1

If you have a retail license, you may be able to go to the Activation page and change the License Key there.

The way you normally upgrade to pro is to get an upgrade from Microsoft and it installs over the current Home version.  But since you have the license you could try changing it.

This may effect any recovery options you have  available since the Dell recovery is for the home version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Adnb
1 Copper

Hi Saltgrass,

I just tried activating the windows by "Change product Key" option under Activation,

Unfortunately its also not working, Its giving me error code " 0xc004f050" (the product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again or enter different one)

No idea what to do in this situation.

Please provide further support to come out from this ..

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Someone else may have a better idea but as far as I know you have the option of buying an upgrade license and there may be that option on one of your settings page.

Or doing a clean install using the Retail Media you purchased.

You could call Microsoft to confirm what would be needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Adnb
1 Copper

Right,

In clean install its not letting me chose the windows 10 pro, and after installation its not accepting the key to upgrading to windows 10 pro,

There has to be a way to get this problem solved..,

Can any one alse help me on this?

Looking for your support

Adnb

0 Kudos
R33p3r
1 Copper

Hey guys,

We have the same Problem with an Inspiron Notebook and could not activater our MPSA Licenses on this. 

We installed with the media from our MSPA MSDN files.

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Not Able to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1

The license key you're supplied is what determines the version of OS that will install.  Contact the shop you purchased the copy from to verify that it's a valid, Windows 10 Pro license key.

A_supa
1 Copper

Re: Not Able to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1

I got same problem.

my notebook is bundle Windows 10 Home SL but I try to clean install from Windows 10 Pro Media.

but still find Home SL again.

please advise.

I purchase Inspiron 13 7000 now.