Lodestar1
1 Copper

OEM Adobe Acrobat post upgrade to Win10?

Jump to solution

Hello - I purchased an Inspiron about two years ago, paid for the pre-installed Adobe Acrobat DC, and the desktop also came with a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.  Just yesterday, I went ahead and did the Windows 10 upgrade to the Inspiron.  I backed up almost everything, but not the Adobe program folder.  Certainly my mistake.  The upgrade went fine,  Windows 10 Pro is operating, though it wiped out everything else on the PC.

Question #1: Is there any way for me to get my Acrobat DC installed back on my now Windows 10 PC?

Question #2: If yes, how would one go about it without the Acrobat "program folder", or any Acrobat system disk provided at purchase?

Any help would be appreciated.

Louie

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: OEM Adobe Acrobat post upgrade to Win10?

Jump to solution

If you paid for the software it is not OEM but it can be reinstalled.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln288443/how-do-activate-subscribe-or-reinstall-my-ad...

Don't feel bad about not saving the Adobe file. You could not have used it to reinstall. Added programs have to be reinstalled from disk or downloads after an upgrade to win 10. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Mary G
6 Indium

Jump to solution

If you paid for the software it is not OEM but it can be reinstalled.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln288443/how-do-activate-subscribe-or-reinstall-my-ad...

Don't feel bad about not saving the Adobe file. You could not have used it to reinstall. Added programs have to be reinstalled from disk or downloads after an upgrade to win 10. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Lodestar1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I logged into Adobe and reach this screen:

Lodestar1_0-1577137559983.png

Clicking on the item circled gets me to this screen:

Lodestar1_1-1577137664325.png

No option for non-subscription, even thought the prior screen had it.  Am I on the right track?  Should I click under the "download and install A Pro DC", even under the subscription section?

Highlighted
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

@Lodestar1 wrote:

Question #1: Is there any way for me to get my Acrobat DC installed back on my now Windows 10 PC?

Possibly. However, I would be very surprised if that old (install-able) version is also Windows-10 compatible. That's just not how Adobe works. It's more like ... New OS, new (now compatible) versions of their PDF software. 

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Jump to solution

ACROBAT DC is subscription software.

Acrobat DC is the latest version of Acrobat subscription software

The free version is here

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

I suggest NOT Selecting

SAY NO and NO

https://get.adobe.com/reader/download/?installer=Reader_DC_2019.021.20058_English_for_Windows&os=Win...

NO, DO NOT install the free McAfee Security Scan Plus utility to check the status of my PC security. It will not modify existing antivirus program or PC settings.

NO , DO NOT install McAfee Safe Connect to keep my online activities and personal info private and secure with a single tap.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Highlighted
Lodestar1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  Not all versions of Acrobat DC is subscription.  If you pay extra with your Dell PC, you get the non subscription version, which is what I had for the last few years.