Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

July 4th, 2017 09:00

Optimising Windows 10 and Explorer 11 to run as fast as possible.

My laptops is running windows 10 on a Pentium CPU N3710 @1.60GHZ but I want to make the best of my exisiting hardware to get the most out of it. What steps do I need to take to ensure my laptop is running as fast as possible. I have already disabled all the animations, killed the unnecessary start up apps, uninstalled all the junk software - what else can i do to make it run as fast as possible.  ?

I also want to optimise internet explorer so that browsing is as fast as the desktop im using at work. What steps can I take to make browsing as fast as possible ? 

thanks,

Habib.

21 Posts

July 5th, 2017 04:00

I think I may have found the answer to my own question - would I be better off running the diagnositics tests offered by Dell on their website to optimise the laptop rather than tweaking windows 10 ?

July 5th, 2017 13:00

Try running hard disc diagnostics first . if all good , try running junk removal tools like c cleaner, system ninja , JRT. Run adware cleaner for browser  issues, reset browser to default , remove third party search engines. you can also run malware bytes and Hit man pro just to make sure the device is free from malware. I hope this will resolve the issue .

Thanks,

Danny  

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 5th, 2017 20:00

Thank you for your message.

In addition to what Danny_acosta has mentioned. You can also try the steps provided on this link http://dell.to/2tO2zMa

The initial few steps will fix the slow performance issue.

16 Posts

July 6th, 2017 13:00

Switch from Internet Explorer 11 to Microsoft Edge. Way out faster. I finally made the move, and today, very happy about it.

No Events found!