1 Copper

PC loses internet connection after sleep

I have to go to network each time to reconnect  each time after sleep mode,

I have windows 10

Any suggestions?

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Lord Vader,

Considering the troubleshooting you did, it seems to be there were outdated drivers, and the post Support Assist scan helped us resolving the issue.

It happens when the update does not go through properly. However, we are glad the issue is resolved for now. In case of any issue, you can always reach out to us. We would be glad to assist you to resolve it.

Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

View solution in original post

Replies (16)

Donkagan,

What specific Inspiron Desktop model?

Change the setting in device manager to see if that will resolve this issue.

Using Device Manager

1. Press Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box to open Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager window, expand Network Adapters and look for your WiFi driver, do a right click on it, select Properties.

3. In the property sheet, switch to Power Management tab and uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK.

You may now close Device Manager and restart the machine to get your issue fixed

Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

Hi Jesse,

I also have the problem of having to reconnect to wifi every time my  Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 comes out of sleep mode.

Any help preventing this laptop from disconnecting from wifi would be much appreciated!

Peter

Hi Jesse,

I forgot to mention, my Dell Model XPS 15 9570 does not have a power settings tab in the DeviceManager for the network adapter.

Just trying to find a way to prevent the laptop from disconnecting from wifi during sleep mode.

Thanks!

Peter

I have same problem as you. So frustrating!

Ditto. Dell Latitude 5300 here. Extremely frustrating during these remote working times. What happens is that VPN stays on, but the WiFi/Wlan interface freezes when idle past system sleep time. Only way to correct this is to disconnect and reconnect to Wlan again. Doing this multiple times every day since need to stay online throughout the day

Hello @DELL-Jesse L At least here (Dell Latitude 5300 w/ Intel Wireless-AC 9560 chipset) there is no such tab as power management under Device manager > Network Adapters > Intell(R) Wireless-AC 9560 > [properties] 

Under "Advanced" tab closest resemblance is "MIMO Power Save Mode" which is set to "No SMPS" - to no avail. Wlan drops of after idle daily. Please suggest more mitigations. 

Hi Jesse

Exactly the same issue. 

Your solution doesn't work for me because the power management tab has been removed (by Dell presumably). 

They're also missing from Advanced Power Settings in the Control Panel. 

Can you suggest something that works without having to change power options? Or a way to restore power management settings? 

Thanks.

Edit: XPS 15 bought in the UK.

More effing BS from Dell.

Like others have reported, I don't have a "Power Management" tab on my Precision 7760.  How do I resolve?

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor