Ghemrock
1 Copper

PCI Serial Port for OptiPlex 990 with Windows 10 64 bit

Jump to solution

I have OptiPlex 990 purchased at the end of 2012 it originally had Windows 7 64-bit I upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit and I am unable to find a driver for the PCI Serial Port. I have found driver for Windows 7, but I'm unable to find it for Windows 10. When I go into the properties for the serial port it gives this information below.

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&SUBSYS_047E1028&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B3 requires further installation.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it

Thank You

George

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VanillaXtract
1 Copper

RE: PCI Serial Port for OptiPlex 990 with Windows 10 64 bit

Jump to solution

Here is a link to a driver I found to work. I don't have any devices to verify that it works, but it removes the exclamation point. I unzipped the file, then unzipped the drivers in there and installed it. I did not use the setup.exe.

8 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi George,

Do you have any device attached to the serial port? They are not commonly used any more.

0 Kudos
Ghemrock
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yes there's a device for my Anthem Stereo receiver (ARC) Anthem Room Correction that requires a serial port. According to the manual they do not want you to use any type of adapters because it will change the input to the ARC and throw off the balancing of the speakers.

0 Kudos
Amfab
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I, too, would like to know if there is a Windows 10 driver available for this device. I have a number of OptiPlex 990's that I'd like to upgrade to Windows 10 and this is the only device it wasn't able to find a driver for. Granted, like you said, they generally aren't used anymore, but it's a "just in case" thing for me 🙂

0 Kudos
VanillaXtract
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Here is a link to a driver I found to work. I don't have any devices to verify that it works, but it removes the exclamation point. I unzipped the file, then unzipped the drivers in there and installed it. I did not use the setup.exe.

Jump to solution

i tried the link below to a Sus x54h.. extracted the drivers and manually updated the driver and i works fine...

tgk20tgk20
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thank you so much it worked like a charm

Highlighted
TheChupacabra
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Had same issue of Device Manager and PCI Serial Port on Windows 10 64 bit having a bang / missing driver. Have not tested, however this does remove the ! ... Thanks!

0 Kudos
TheChupacabra
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Had same issue of Device Manager and PCI Serial Port on Windows 10 64 bit having a bang / missing driver. Have not tested, however this does remove the ! ... Thanks!

http://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1878219&auth=At82snaUidNtrCvtF7wFYmllar0f3%2Br...

0 Kudos