madhatter427
1 Copper

Precision m6600 windows 10

When I had windows 10 installed, I had 2 WD black hard drives in raid 0 array.  No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get windows 10 to boot with the raid.  I also had windows installed on a msata ssd.  Windows 7 with raid worked no problem, but not with 10.  Anyone install windows 10 with a raid setup?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Precision m6600 windows 10

Hi,

I'm hearing you have to disable RAID to do the upgrade.  Check out this article from Microsoft.  

5. Disconnect multiple internal hard disks.

If you have more than one hard disk installed in your computer, disconnect all except the target hard disk where Windows 10 will be installed. If you have a RAID (Redudant Array of Inexpensive Disks) configuration, disable your RAID controller.

Annoying, I know, but I hope this helps.

Todd

0 Kudos
pschild
1 Copper

RE: Precision m6600 windows 10

Hello

I have installed Windows 10 in my M6600 with a Crucial M4 Raid0, updating from windows 7 and clean install.

No problem with the install, the Raid0 seems to have a lightly less performance, but the mSATA SSD have a 50% less of performance, I suppose that must be due to drivers.

I had to initialize and create the mSATA SSD partition with Acronis because Windows did not recognize the HDD.

I still have two unknown devices ...

0 Kudos