stevehuff
1 Copper

Preferred Windows recovery option

Jump to solution

Have several Win10 PCs I'm configuring for family. In the Win7 days I would download the recovery media and burn to DVD in case it was ever needed. What's the preferred method for having recovery media for Win10?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Re: Preferred Windows recovery option

Jump to solution

The Windows-10 App is called "Recovery Drive". Leave "include system files" checked. You might have to use a 32gb flash-drive. If ever used (and it works) machine should look very "Dell Factory Shipped" when done.

Yes, also create one from microsoft.com (Media Creation Tool) as well. It won't have Dell OEM custom stuff ... just perfectly genuine 64bit Windows-10 . 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

You could either use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool - Create Windows 10 installation media or you could use the Dell OS Recovery Tool.

Regards,

Dell-RitikaD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click my name and send me a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Run the PC pre-Windows diagnostics
Out of Warranty Support

Highlighted
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

The Windows-10 App is called "Recovery Drive". Leave "include system files" checked. You might have to use a 32gb flash-drive. If ever used (and it works) machine should look very "Dell Factory Shipped" when done.

Yes, also create one from microsoft.com (Media Creation Tool) as well. It won't have Dell OEM custom stuff ... just perfectly genuine 64bit Windows-10 . 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

View solution in original post