Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2016 07:00

RE: My Dell Inspiron 3543 keeps losing WiFi connection

hi dell.

I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop..it started  wifi connection after a few minutes work. The laptop suddenly  stuck. After off the laptop might connect for a few minutes and then stuck again.

I install drivers online no  problem drivers.

before use windows 8.1. now windows 10. but stuck again to again. how to repair

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 05:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Since you have installed the drivers , was it from the Dell support site and the latest one available.

You can also try the following steps:

Enter Command to Fix No Wi-Fi in Windows 10

Important: Follow the steps below carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

You can use command to fix this no wireless issue after Windows 10 install if it’s triggered by VPN software.

Step 1. Right click the Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu. This can launch Command Prompt as Admin.

Step 2. Type the following command and hit the Enter key:

reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step 3. Enter the command below into the Command Prompt and press Enter key once more:

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Step 4. Restart the computer and check back with your Wi-Fi settings. You now should see a revived list of all the available networks within range.

Note: If you have the Cisco VPN client, Sonic Global client or other VPN software running on your computer and you are planning to upgrade to Windows 10, uninstall the VPN before proceeding.

Kindly let us know if the issue is fixed.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!