When MS pushed an update during Aug. 2016 I started getting the error message "The Remote Procedure Call Failed" whenever I tried to open a jpeg. I resolved the issue by restoring to an earlier date. In Oct MS pushed their anniversary update creating the same issue: "The Remote Procedure Call Failed". This time the update prevented a system rollback to an earlier date. I have searched all over the internet looking for help but no luck. The only dubious solution is the standard MS sledgehammer approach of deleting just about everything then reinstall everything. I don't have the skill or the time. Does anyone have an answer to this ongoing "The Remote Procedure Call Failed" problem? There seems to be a large number of users with the same issue. Appreciate any help.
Please change it to new apps under the settings menu.
1. Click "Start", then click "Settings".
2. Click the first option "System".
3. On the left side second from the bottom, click "Default Apps".
4. Click the name of the App under "Photo Viewer" (Should currently say "Photos").
5. Select "Windows Photo Viewer" or any other App.