Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2015 08:00

Samsung Magician vs Windows 10

When I did the new clean install of Windows 10 on my XPS 9530, after applying the Samsung Magician software 4.6, i noticed that I could not enable RAPID mode because the software was unable to determine my OS Version.  

I did some poking around and found this Microsoft forum posting about having the similar problem with Windows 10 Preview version.

Even though Windows 10 is out and legit, it doesn't look like Samsung is ready to release an update to its software that will fix this problem.  The posting has instructions but if you rather save time reading

[Back out Samsung Magician 4.6 if you already installed it before proceeding]

1.  Install Samsung Magician 4.4 from this link (the link is from Samsung) and reboot.  IGNORE any upgrade notification you get until you have completed the next step!

2.  Enable RAPID Mode on the drive you want and reboot.  Make sure that RAPID mode is working with a speed test, you will know when its working

3.  Now perform an inplace upgrade to the software.  For me, it only updated the software to 4.5 however I have the EVO 1tb drive installed so I wanted to get the lastest, 4.6.  So I did a series of 2 upgrades.   

I now have 4.6 running with RAPID Mode enabled.  The kicker is, IF I should require backing out of RAPID mode, I will be unable to reenable with the current version of 4.6.  I would have to downgrade and start these steps all over again.  However in the entire year of owning the laptop, the only time I needed to reenable RAPID mode is when I was doing a clean install of my OS.  
Hopefully Samsung will release an update soon.

Cheers

Dave

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 12th, 2015 00:00

page 5 :)

1 Message

August 28th, 2015 11:00

This worked for me. Rapid now enabled on Win 10 with Sammy EVO 850 Pro. Just uninstall V4.6. Down load and install V4.4. Launch and enable Rapid. Then update to V4.5 and then to V4.6. Rapid remains enabled in V4.6 however still has that X re OS must be Win 7 or higher. I can live with that

1 Message

September 7th, 2015 11:00

I had two computers with Samsung Magician installed.  First was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro and RAPID mode appeared from benchmarks to work after upgrade.   Second was clean Win 10 install and could not enable RAPID mode on that computer. 

Called Samsung support and tech seemed surprised that RAPID mode was enabled on first computer.  Recommendation was to disable RAPID mode immediately, which I did.  He said Win 10 support will be available in upgrade expected to be released in September.  Running software feature against manufacturer's recommendation is crazy.

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2015 04:00

this problem is SOLVED, version of magician is not important and old vesion doesn't  work with EVO series -

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2015 06:00

I turned on the rapid button manually

1 Message

October 27th, 2015 15:00

Everyone who wants to enable RAPID MODE in Windows 10

FOLLOW THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO

https://youtu.be/NDTkkCjKkYA

October 27th, 2015 20:00

Windows 10 supported in the lastest version (4.8)
Oddly enough, I had version 4.7 and when I did a check for updates, it said I had the latest version, however if you go to the downloads page here, I found that 4.8 was out.

I did an inplace upgrade on a system that didn't have RAPID mode on, and after the install, i could enable it!
Here is a screenshot of that system.

1 Message

January 8th, 2017 16:00

Thank you so much I had tried installing Samsung Magician 4.4 and it could no longer see my SSD's so re-installed 4.5 and followed the method that you had advised and I'm glad to say it worked a treat :)

No Events found!