Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2016 09:00

Solution not clear

I'm not very facile with some of this stuff, but found in Task Manager this Soft Thinks program running, and using significant resources (much less than Bill, however.)  I went to Uninstall to try to eliminate it, but it isn't listed.  So I shut it down through Task Manager, and everything sped up!!  I guess I have to go there every time I boot up, and turn it off.  (It doesn't appear in Startup Manager, either.)  Is there a more consistent solution?

• 

16.7K Posts

March 8th, 2016 08:00

ED36,

The program associated with SoftThinks is the Dell DataSafe Local Backup program. You can uninstall it in the a listed programs in control panel if you choose. if you ever need to restore your system this program is needed.

ou can uninstall Dell DataSafe Local Backup from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
  1. On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
  • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
  • Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
  • When you find the program Dell DataSafe Local Backup, click it, and then do one of the following:
  • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
  • Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
  • Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Dell DataSafe Local Backup.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

No Events found!