jessy.holiday
3 Zinc

RE: Laptop won't shutdown completely in Windows 10

thx for the update on ur problem / solution.. i tried and research those updates online. not much info coz they are new. but, i seen one guy saying it crashed his system too. and he was mentioning it had something to do with his video drivers. 

like i said, wont be around tomorrow to research it. but maybe by thursday their will be more info abt what is going on. 

thx again

0 Kudos
DutchOne
3 Silver

Take your time... I am just frantically making images. One with True Image 15 and one - to be sure - with The Windows image tool itself. Takes all in all over an hour but I prefer to be prepared for the next update 😕 sleeping, what's that? A real Windows user never sleeps!

DutchOne
3 Silver

In the end I had to put back a system image I - thank God - made on Monday. This megacrash indeed left some traces in the form of removed settings, missing tools in the system tray, a (once again) broken system restore and who knows what more. I really start to have enough of it all, I am seriously considering to buy a macbook in the not so far away future. And that's not a joke.

Greetings,

Ronald.

BoXyTar
2 Bronze

I have noticed VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR will come only when on first load you load nividia drivers first and the  intel video drivers later.

in my dell inspiron 7000 series this happened again and again till I loaded the  intel drivers first and then the NVIDIA dirvers . and now I am updating NVidia drivers and intel individually and all is fine

DutchOne
3 Silver

Check very carefully if there is damage to system files, in my case some standard system tray-tools went missing. That means probably more was going on so I did a recover from a earlier made image. But this gives me the creeps also, since the Windows 10 imager sometimes disconnects my external USB harddisk during image creation. Yes, trying again solves the issue but I hope those sudden disconnects - which started at the Windows update before yesterdays' one- didn't contaminate my images. I ASSUME the restoretool checks the integrity of the image file first before putting it back. I also Have True Image 15, but I am not sure about the Win 10 compatibility, today they brought out 16 😕 Windows 10 is risky business for sure :-(((

Greetings,

Ronald.

Henaya
2 Bronze

hahahahaahaha  LM<ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU>O

0 Kudos
rockyanexpert
2 Bronze

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface to v9.5.

Sleep and shutdown problems are due to v11xx. Download MEI from [https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23746/Intel-ME-9-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC].

Problem Solved...

skusa
2 Bronze

Being struggling with the Inspiron 15 7537 not shut down completely problem since the Win 10 upgrade and drivers update with the Dell official released drivers.

Tried most of the suggestions even the discharging the battery and reconnecting the button backup battery with no avail.

rockyanexpert suggestion works so far for 2 days. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks.

rockyanexpert
2 Bronze

And one more thing...

Goto Adanced System Settings-Hardware-Device Installation Settings

And Choose-No let me choose.. (disable automatic driver updates)

0 Kudos
skusa
2 Bronze

You can also download the 

Show or hide update from Microsoft.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

And hide the Intel Management Engine interface to prevent MS from auto updating the driver until

Intel fix the problem.

0 Kudos