Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

1 Message

May 23rd, 2018 20:00

Sound problems on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Gaming

I love my computer in every possible way, except the sound software.

It has a subwoofer that only works with the latest Realtek driver, which has a glitch on the sound. This latest Realtek driver is what allows WavesMaxxAudioPro to work properly, but the sound glitches. I have installed older versions and I have changed the driver from Realtek to High Definition Device on the Device Manager. It works, the glithing stops, but the subwoofer stops working. Apparently, the older versions of drivers do not support the subwoofer.

I can't decide what is worse, pay for a subwoofer that I can't use or listen to music and play games with the sound constantly glitching. 

I've read many discussions on Dell Community and I haven't found any that solved this problem. 

Please, somebody help me fix this issue!! This is a too good computer to have this kind of problem! 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 25th, 2018 07:00

Knowing what type of sound is being made might help us see what is happening.

There is one version of software, if installed on your system, will cause a type of static to emanate from the Subwoofer.  Search your system for a file called RNDBWM.exe.  If you have it let us know.

Edit: I originally misspelled the file.  Check the one currently shown.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 25th, 2018 07:00

I have an Inspiron 15 5577 gaming laptop.  I'm using the Dell provided Realtek driver and its working properly in Win 10 (latest V1803 upgrade).  

If you are getting sound problems such as dropouts (stuttering), clicks/pops, etc. One known cause on SOME machines is wi-fi.  Disabling wi-fi in those stops the problem but is not a real fix.  Have you run the free Resplendence Latency Mon to see what it shows?  http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon  

Latency mon is a great program for this, it will "inundate" you with data but it has helped many.  I have a recording studio and Latency Mon is a tool all recording studio's have to check their PC's.

No Events found!