Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 3rd, 2016 12:00

Touch screen not working after windows 10 update.

This has happened a few times.  After Win 10 updates the touch screen won't recognize touch, works fine otherwise.  I see a error message in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus - Unknown USB Device - Device Descriptor Request Failed. The error message description is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I have uninstalled the driver then reinstalled

Rebooted the PC

Restored my device to a good last know state

Updated drivers from the Dell support site

BTW, the last time this happened I literally reinstalled my operating system but that only worked temporarily.  The Dell diagnostics software caused my system to go into a PC Diagnostics and Repair loop.

I am hoping there is a patch that resolves this issue as its "chronic"

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

December 3rd, 2016 17:00

Always include the exact PC model in your posts...

2 Posts

February 20th, 2017 05:00

I too am facing the exact same problem with my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series (i7559 7512 GRY).

2 Posts

February 20th, 2017 14:00

I have had this issue twice in the last 2 months and resolved it by doing this.  Literally just unplug your computer - if its a laptop, take the battery out while it is running so the PC goes through a "hard boot". That has solved my issue both times.I tried many things but that did the trick.

Good luck.

1 Message

June 30th, 2017 06:00

I have had this problem on my Inspiron 2350 off and on ever since I have had this computer, a couple years. I tried this and it worked. Easy fix. Thanks BobS1957. It sure saved me alot of time.

July 6th, 2017 09:00

Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, try using the windows 10 inbuilt drivers if dell drivers not able to resolve the issue . try updating bios.

The computer Chipset Driver is the one that controls all of the computer USB ports which is used to access the display touch function.

Check the upstream USB link

"Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Pane Service", "Touch Input Service", "Tablet PC Input Service". or "Biometric Service". it has to enabled.

1 Message

November 20th, 2018 21:00

My Dell Inspiron 7353 2- in- 1 touch screen has stopped working yesterday.

Earlier this problem occurred around the April 2018. after that, I reset my entire windows but still, it did not work. recently about a month back, I noticed that the touchscreen was functioning again.

But after the last update, it has again stopped working and I could see random flashes of circles on the screen on its own and when I touched it I realised that the touchscreen function was not working.

Please help us with a simple solution to this recurring problem with updates. 

Thanking you

May 22nd, 2021 21:00

touch screen not working

No Events found!