Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2017 07:00

Touch screen

My new laptop dell inspiron 13 5000 model- 5368

its touch works sometimes when i switch on it and after shut down it does not work

Manu times happens this problem in a day when i switch on off it i have checked all software

Regarding touch but doesn't work....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 24th, 2017 09:00

If the touch screen still isn't working correctly, I'd suggest you update the System Setup(BIOS). Please click on the link below to safely install latest BIOS version.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer ... - YouTube

After installing latest BIOS version, run the Guide Me option in your Dell Product Support page.The tool will automatically detect driver updates for your system. Please follow instruction to run Guide Me option in the link below:

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

Please check for latest windows updates are installed on system. Type Settings onto [Cortana] search box, Update & Security, and then select Check For Update. Install any available updates and restart your system if required. Please don't wait later to install, click on Restart Now. Do the process over and over until you have all the latest windows on the system. Also, check Update History for any failed updates.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly,

If touchscreen still isn't working correctly, I suggest you calibrate the touchscreen to see if that will make a difference. Please follow instructions to calibrate the touch screen in  link below:

How Do I Calibrate My Touchscreen? | Dell US

The link below might be useful as well:

Troubleshooting Touchscreen Issues in Microsoft Windows ...

No Events found!