Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2015 06:00

Vostro 3750 upgrade causes display issues

Is there a display driver for the Vostro 3750 and windows 10?  My display goes to black and white with vertical lines through it periodically since upgrading to Windows 10.

3 Posts

December 8th, 2015 12:00

Thanks Beamermt79.  That does seem to have helped!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

You must use Dell video Drivers on the laptop since those are customized by Dell and since there are none for windows 10, consider reverting to your previous windows OS. Wait to get win 10 on your next computer.

2.3K Posts

So your laptop was never tested with Windows 10 by Dell so in terms of offical support you are out of luck, however there may be some tricks you can do to fix everything.  First off you can go to the support page for your computer here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/vostro-3750/drivers And download the windows 8 drivers.  I've heard that most windows 8 drivers are compatible with windows 10 and may work for your case.  Also if you are having problems with your Nvidia card (if equipped), you can go to http://www.nvidia.com/and download the latest geforce driver for your computer.  If the issue is an intel driver problem that is where it might get a little tricky as downloading the latest video drivers from intel doesn't work all the time... or maybe that's the chipset drivers i forget.  Anyway give that a try. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 10th, 2016 08:00

Thanks downloading INTEL drivers version Windows 8 worked fine for me

1 Message

May 21st, 2016 05:00

May2016 - Successfully upgraded to Win10, a 64 bit Vostro 3750 i3 core Intel 2nd Generation laptop which has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 card.    The Black&White screen with lines and breakup appeared when running some software eg. File Explorer and Edge.  Other applications eg. Outlook, IE ran successfully.

To solve the problem I installed the Intel Driver win64_152824.exe which can be found on the Intel website (It says it only supports Win7/8/8.1 - not win10) 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit

To identify the "best fit" Intel driver, run the Intel (R) "System Identification Utility" on this site and get your exact HD Graphics card details.  You then need to know which Intel Generation (2, 3 etc) that  your Intel processor is. You can find this from the first digit of the processor number eg. 2350M etc.

Once you know this, from the same site, select the matching Intel Gen x, HD graphics xxxx car and  select the 32/64 bit driver, and then download it.

Before you install the driver, switch on System Protection in Win10 via the Control panel and create a Restore Point.   This should allow you to back out the driver if it does not work.  Also, if you have difficulties getting to it, right click Start, search "create restore point" and it will take you directly there.

NOTE 1 - This driver is not tested on Win10 - so if you do this at your own risk and with no guarantee it will work.

Note 2 - After installing this Driver - the only residual problem I had is that sometimes on File Explorer the display will have a brief "flash" (like the old 1960's TVs did).   This suggests there is still something in this driver that does not manage the display quite correctly.   Only time will tell if this degrades the display monitor itself. 

No Events found!