Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2015 11:00

WINDOWS 10 : Windows cannot connect to the Group Policy Client service

I am a computer novice.

I have a Dell XPS, used by 4 family members. I am the administrator. The other 3 are Standard users. The all worked fine on Wndows 8.

It came with Windows 8. I was offered free upgrade to Windows 10 by Microsoft and agreed. A little Windows sign told me it was ready and I clicked it. An hour later I had Windows 10 (Home). All working great.

Next time I signed in it came up with the subject message above. Meaning that my other family members can't sign in.

I have seen lots of posts where this happened on Windows 7 & 8 upgrades, but nothing on Windows 10

Srangely, at the same time Google Chrome stopped loading up and I don't seem to be be able to access Microsoft on the web. Not sure if that is anything to do with the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

1 Message

August 17th, 2015 10:00

I've had this problem as well. When I was running windows 8 this helped

He's done a video for windows 10 but the fix isn't working on my machine this time.

1 Message

December 5th, 2015 02:00

Hopefully you have long solved your problem! To help others who may be also getting the same message (I also experienced the problem with Google Chrome not starting). The following steps resolved the issue for me:

- click on Search (Magnifying glass next to Windows start icon)

- enter cmd

- right click and choose Run as Administrator

- type: netsh then type: winsock reset

you will then be asked to restart your computer, after which the issue is hopefully resolved.

December 8th, 2015 07:00

@Netsurfer38: You just made my day! Thank you!

February 8th, 2016 10:00

Thank you also very much for this solution! Previously I was unable to download any apps from Windows Store to my Dell XPS computer running Windows 10, but now the problem has been resolved. I would just add that in Windows 10 after typing 'cmd' you see at the top of a list the symbol for the Commamd interpreter and it is this that you should right-click on.

No Events found!