Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2016 10:00

Why does Dell Backup advise upgrade required?

When I go into Dell Backup and Recovery, which I feel I have to as it shows up in my hidden icons showing error, why does it display "Dell Backup: Upgrade required?"

I don't fancy having to pay for an upgrade when I don't feel it is necessary.

Also any idea how to hide this notification?

Please help if possible.

Thank you

dvtrv

• 

16.7K Posts

March 28th, 2016 06:00

Dave,

You do not have to upgrade if you choose not to. The new version corrected some bugs in the earlier versions. You do not need to choose the pay version.  If you choose to uninstall the program you can follow the steps below. The program is used in case you need to reinstall your Operating System.

You can uninstall Dell Backup and Recovery Manager from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
Windows 10-

You can uninstall programs on the Settings page. To repair a program, use Control Panel.

1. On the Start menu select Settings.

2. In Settings, select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen.

1. On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
  • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
  • Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
  • When you find the program Dell Backup and Recovery Manager, click it, and then do one of the following:
  • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
  • Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
  • Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Dell Backup and Recovery Manager.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. Click my name in blue then on the next page click where it says send private message

No Events found!