Petp
1 Copper

Win 10 Spotlight not working

10 day old Inspiron 7570.

How to enable Spotlight? (ie; the pretty pictures that automatically change every time you log in that you can 'like' and 'dont like').

Currently i have lock screen background set to "Picture". I go to Settings -> Lock Screen. At 'Background' i select "Windows Spotlight", but when i exit and then come back to check on it and it reverts back to "Picture".  What else do i need to change?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Win 10 Spotlight not working

Hi petp,

Thanks for posting.

Your question does not indicate which version of Windows 10 you have.  Here is some information from Microsoft you may find helpful.  http://del.ly/6597DDSOZ

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Petp
1 Copper

Win 10 Home ver. 1709.

I tried that already and it reverts back to "picture"

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

How about this?

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Petp
1 Copper

Was working with Dell chat and after 2 hours or so they couldnt figure it out either. So they created a new user, checked on that and Spotlight was working for that user account, so they said my user account must be corrupted and i could either reinstall windows or use the new account if i want spotlight. either way i would lose all my data.

Dont know how a simple function like that wont work on a brand new computer but whatever...im installing a SSD soon (since dell only offers the 7570 with a hdd), and when i do i'll reinstall windows from the recovery drive i created when i first got this computer and start from scratch.

Thanks for replying though

0 Kudos