Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2016 03:00

Win 10 frozen on my laptop Dell xps 13 model 930

Hello,I made out a system image and backup on external drives on the above machine. I then entered a thumb drive to create a recovery drive. While I was looking away a moment I noticed a blue screen with a note saying it had to restart the machine. The screen then went black and the keys no longer respond. I have a completely frozen machine. I resorted to taking out the thumb drive, pushing the off button and pulling out the power cord. The machine has  been completely unresponsive to any attempt for input and sits there with a blank screen and backlit keyboard.

Any suggestions?

• 

16.6K Posts

April 25th, 2016 05:00

sadday01

Turn the computer off by holding down the power button. Once it shuts down you can restart the computer to see if you get the option to start Windows in Normal Mode. If that does not work start the computer and tap the F8 key to enter the advanced options. From the list choose the option that reads Last Known Good Configuration to see if it will boot into Windows. Post back here on this thread with the results.

2 Posts

April 25th, 2016 06:00

All i had to do was hold down the power key for about 10 seconds. Thanks for the response. I'm kicking myself for not trying but its a new expensive machine and i didnt think clearly

Many thanks

Sadday01

No Events found!