Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 29th, 2015 08:00

Win10 Technical Preview - Blank Screen

Hi,

I've been trying to install Win10 Technical Preview onto a DELL Inspiron M5030 since late last year. Every time, after about 10-15 minutes of the installation, the screen goes blank (Blue/Black) - during the configuring hardware part of the install.

I've tried installing over Win7 (with all the latest drivers) and installing as a dual boot system with Win7 and Win10 on different partitions - withe every build upto and including 10074.

Full history is on a Microsoft forum at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/blank-screen-after-install-of-win10-tech-preview/7aa3d47c-5f17-453d-bdcd-0ac6afcf4da0

I've proved that it's the monitor driver by getting into Safe mode and the device manager and seeing the error against the driver. Tried installing what I thought was latest driver at that stage but with no luck.

Can you either advise if this machine will work with Win10, supply link to suitable graphics driver or advose if a suitable driver will become available in the near future.

This machine is not that old and should be able to work with Win10.

Many thanks in advance.

• 

16.7K Posts

May 29th, 2015 12:00

Garswood,

You will need to contact Microsoft for issues with Windows 10 Tech Preview. Dell does not have any Windows 10 drivers for their systems at this time.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2015 13:00

Thanks for the response. As you can see in the link I provided, Microsoft have suggested it's down to DELL!!

Question is, will or is Dell developing the drivers for Windows 10 on the Inspiron M5030?

Regards

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 31st, 2015 00:00

Theres been some reports that Windows 10 10074 does not install on systems with AMD processors whereas its fine with Intel processors. Its Microsoft that will need to work with AMD to fix that in particular since its before the Windows installation is complete so you cannot even get the chance to load Dell system drivers.

No Events found!