Highlighted
ckmyers33
1 Copper

Win10 anniversary update

Dell has decided to abandon a lot of its customer base with its decision to not support the Win10 Anniversary update (1607). I have an XPS 8300 that is not supported. I suppose the only recourse for those of us who are to be treated this way is to abandon Dell as a supplier. No issue with my HP laptops (with older technology) or with my HP desktop.

Thanks, Dell. It is not exactly what one might expect from a business that is customer-focused.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Win10 anniversary update

Dell is fully supporting the Windows 10 Anniversary update on computers that came with Windows 10 or that were upgrade-able to Windows 10.  There are many reasons as to why Dell cannot/will not support Windows 10 on older machines which have been addressed.  It is something you will find on many OEMs.  

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

RE: Win10 anniversary update

All XPS 8300 models are out of warranty so Dell won't support them for a new OS.

The XPS 8300 however runs Windows 10 RS1 without any issues. I've had mine running Windows 10 since the Insider Preview build 10130. Although admittedly I have changed the Broadcom wireless card to an Intel AC-7260.

All drivers are natively inbuilt into Windows 10 (no need for Dell support). The only driver I installed was the newer Intel Management Engine Interface driver direct from Intel.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos