Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

IA

April 16th, 2017 22:00

Windows 10 Complete Format

I bought new Laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home Single User. I want to do complete format because of performance reason. I want to know that in which step, it ask for license key and how can I have to set to read license key automatically from BIOS. Please help me. What changes I have to do in BIOS to read my license key automatically.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2017 07:00

Once s system has been activated with Win 10, the license is kept online.  If you are asked for a key just skip it.  It will activate after you are online.

April 17th, 2017 08:00

Can you give details about complete formatting laptop and making recovery?? I got windows 10 pre-installed.

April 17th, 2017 11:00

Can you share me the steps to complete format and make recovery of system without loosing their license key? I have 5 drive now, 3 is for recovery, system reserved, Windows and two for my file. Can i delete all drive during installation then how can i make recovery drive again. Please share me the steps

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2017 11:00

The OEM drive has the partition necessary to recover your system.  If you do not care about that or any OEM software, when you install Win 10, you can clean the entire drive or just the critical partitions during the install.

Critical partitions are UEFI, MSR, Small Recovery and OS.  If one of these partitions are left on the drive, Win 10 will not be able to create the partitions it needs in the unallocated space you make available.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 17th, 2017 13:00

Maybe someone else could help you recreate the recovery system but I can't.  I would use a Win 10 Recovery drive or the downloaded image from Dell.

The original license is in the UEFI bios.  But you won't need it.  You originally stated you want to completely reformat your system... have you changed your mind?

No Events found!