Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2015 07:00

Windows 10 Product Key?

I purchased a Inspiron 15-5558 with Windows 10 pre-installed.  It was delivered on the release date (July 29th).  There is no Windows sticker or product key anywhere on the laptop, I even looked under the battery.  Where can I get the code?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 8th, 2019 04:00

Windows keys are in BIOS with a HOME or PRO windows Genuine label.

There is no reason for the user to have the key.

When you clean install windows 1809 you tell it that you do not have a key and it will install.

You do have to tell windows the correct version however.

If you tell it you have WIN10 PRO and you only have WIN10 HOME key in bios it will not activate.

Showkey plus will show the bios key if the machine is online and has touched microsoft at least one time.

It will also show the key that was used to install on systems that are older that do not have a key in bios.  I DO NOT RECOMMEND Getting this app ANYWHERE but on Github.  Several sites inject malware into copies of this program.

https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus/releases/download/ShowKeyPlus6919/ShowKeyPlus1.0.6919.zip

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 16th, 2019 10:00

Windows requires you to go online to activate.

New machines with Windows 10 do not require a key because the os reads it from bios automatically.

Older machines that were activated can clean install onto a new hard drive

and do not require a key.  You install it with the " I don't have a key" option.

As long as you have been offline for less than 180 days it will retain the activation of your system. 

ANY computer offline for more than 180 days will DEACTIVATE.

Additional Video: 

371 Posts

October 6th, 2015 17:00

go to control panel

click system and security

under System

view amount of ram and processor speed

4 Posts

October 6th, 2015 18:00

Jessy,

Thanks for the info but that actually only shows the Product ID, I'm looking for the 25 character activation key.

5.2K Posts

October 6th, 2015 20:00

The 25 digit code has not been on computers for years stop pirating. The code is stored in the system BIOS. When the code is needed, such as foe upgrading the OS, it is automatically accessed. You can get the code using a variety of utilities. Belarc Advisor is a good one.

4 Posts

October 6th, 2015 20:00

I'm not exactly sure how asking how to get MY product key from MY laptop is pirating but thanks for the info anyway.  This is the first new laptop I have purchased is several year so please forgive my ignorance.

14 Posts

October 7th, 2015 01:00

If you are downloading Windows 10 after downloading the ISO image and failed to note down the product or serial key  then here are two working approved serial keys which could assist you in downloading the Windows 10 ISO in your Windows PC/laptop.

Windows 10 Product Code and Serial Key:  Enter the below-mentioned Windows 10 product code and serial key of technical preview version which are common for all and accepted by the Microsoft. 

Windows  10 Serial Key: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

Alternate [Working*] : VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Windows  10 Serial Key Technical Preview for Consumer: 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT

Technical Preview for Enterprise: PBHCJ-Q2NYD-2PX34-T2TD6-233PK

Windows 10 Home: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Pro Edition: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Windows 10 Enterprise: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Enter the above illustrated serial key of Windows 10 in the required boxes when asked during the installation of Windows 10 IOS  technical preview. The given product codes or serial keys work for both the 34bit and 64bit operating systems of Windows 10.

5.2K Posts

October 7th, 2015 08:00

Pirating is someone reading the code on the ID tag on the older computers and trying to use it to validate an OS installation that is not legal - not purchased.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 8th, 2015 03:00

Unfortunately I have not purchased a Windows 10 OEM device to do full testing with.

So maybe I can help you by asking more questions. 

1. It also seems like there is no sticker to identify the Edition? Does the F2 Dell UEFI BIOS setup mention anything about the preinstalled Edition? Power down your computer. Wait 10 seconds and power it up. Press F2 at the Dell BIOS Screen.

1. Dell BIOS

1. BIOS Setup

2. Does the product ID have the words OEM?

3. For the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7/8.1 OEM the activation was device based but this activation mechanism means Dell have to complete Windows installation and connect every device to the internet...so its more likely a unique key will be embedded in the UEFI BIOS:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/

4. Can you tell me if RW-Everything reports a MSDM tab?

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/#OEMKey

35 Posts

September 7th, 2016 11:00

github.com/.../

It will tell you the product key and also let you plug in a product key to see what version it is.

1 Message

January 24th, 2018 21:00

A simple alternative is to buy a cheap retail/OEM key and reactivate your laptop. A good website I found is key1024, you will find what you needed!

1 Message

February 2nd, 2018 00:00

I know a website that you can get genuine windows key for windows 10. It named Vanskeys.com

5 Posts

April 13th, 2018 05:00

I'm waiting for the reply

5 Posts

Is it a number can we find in my laptop, can we get in laptop shops

5 Posts

Is it a number can we find in my laptop
No Events found!