Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 2nd, 2015 17:00

Windows 10 Support

I have bought and used Dell computers for many years and as a consultant have recommended them to many clients and friends. I am extremely disappointed that Dell is not  supporting Windows 10 on my XPS 15 L502X which is a reasonably high end laptop not yet 4 years old. That coupled with my poor experience with my most recent  Dell purchase, a Venue 11 PRO have finally ended my support of DELL. I will look to other manufacturers for my future computer needs.

October 29th, 2015 03:00

Please sign this petition

www.change.org/.../dell-support-for-old-systems-by-dell;utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 30th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

There a technical reasons why the system is not supported but  windows 10 .

As a operating system there are specific drivers and hard ware compatible part that are required for the functionality of the Operating System.

However we will take the feedback provided .

Thanks

Robin 

2.3K Posts

October 31st, 2015 12:00

You will run into that with other manufactures too.  Good luck though!

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

October 31st, 2015 22:00

I am extremely disappointed that Dell is not  supporting Windows 10 on my XPS 15 L502X which is a reasonably high end laptop not yet 4 years old.

Just because Dell doesn't officially support it doesn't mean that it's incompatible with Windows 10. To illustrate, the OptiPlex 390 is not officially supported by Dell for Windows 10, but it works well with the OS. (I know this from personal experience.)

Try installing Windows 10; if the upgrade fails, it will be rolled back and the original OS restored.

6 Posts

September 7th, 2017 10:00

I have asked many times, but I have downloaded windows 10 on my OptiPlex 390 and it worked fine. I have trouble get the free download to load, what I am thinking about doing is working with a disk copy of windows 10 and see if that works, What do you think??

Kid1

6 Posts

September 7th, 2017 10:00

I have asked many times, but I have downloaded windows 10 on my OptiPlex 390 and it worked fine. I have trouble get the free download to load, what I am thinking about doing is working with a disk copy of windows 10 and see if that works, What do you think??

Kid1

No Events found!