Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

March 5th, 2017 00:00

Windows 10 System Restore Point Failure

Using an OptiPlex 3020 which was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro.  I wanted to do a system restore to a previous date and a window appeared after the attempt stating the System Restore did not complete successfully and the computer's system files and settings were not changed.  When I attempted to restore to another restore point, the same window appeared.  All my attempts to restore to a previous point show the same window.  System restore was working fine since the free upgrade last year until now.  What do I need to do to get this System Restore procedure to work again?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 6th, 2017 09:00

Usually you have to delete all Restore points since they are corrupt, reboot and setup a single new Restore point. You lose all previous restore points that are no longer usable. Win 10 has new Recovery methods you should investigate in Settings, Update and Security.

You should find out why you are using System Restore so frequently. Go to Drivers download site and let the scanner check if all your drivers are up to date for Windows 10. www.dell.com/.../advanced

23 Posts

March 9th, 2017 14:00

Thank you for that Dell OptiPlex 3020 update link.  I noticed on other web sites that the error code I am getting 0x80070091 (System Restore not being able to restore to a previous restore point successfully) is being received by others also. It is being stated that the problem started with one of the Microsoft updates or apps or something.  Maybe it will be rectified in a later update from Microsoft.

No Events found!