Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2016 23:00

Windows 10 Upgrade Issues with Dell N5050 laptop

I am need of some big assistance, otherwise I am rolling back to Windows 7.  I have recently reloaded and upgraded my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 via free upgrade.  There were some reasons why I was hesitant on upgrading and now I remember why.  Every time I open up windows or file explorer, it abruptly closes out in with 30 seconds.  Same thing happens with when I click on the Windows starts button. I noticed that the home screen flickers 3 to 5 minutes as well.  I have loaded a few applications since then, but this was happening beforehand.  Has anyone run into this before, and is there anyway to fix this before I decided to rollback to Windows 7?  This has been very frustrating since I am trying to transfer files to and from my laptop.  

• 

16.7K Posts

August 8th, 2016 07:00

djones0730,

The issue is that you need to install the Windows 10 drivers. Unfortunately, Dell did not create any Windows 10 drivers for the Inspriron N5050 laptop.

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

August 8th, 2016 11:00

You only have 10 days to rollback to windows 7 . If you are still within that time frame, do it now. That model cannot run win 10.

No Events found!