Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 11:00

Windows 10 and Dell's Venue pro 11

Ok so Windows 10 updates are looming and I'm sure folks will be getting notified of updates any day or hour now.  I've got the 7140 Venue pro 11 and I'm curious to know the best strategy for updating. I figure:   1) you could just apply the update and hope for the best; however, I feel this might be problematic 2) fresh install  3) just ignore it all together.

Curious what people will do.  

b

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 06:00

From my experience i can tell you to NOT upgrade.....if you use your gyroscope sensor for apps. Dell, as you can see from your tablet's driver page has NOT released drivers for the devices. Probably they think that ppl use laptops and dont need drivers because windows 10 has them. Well....at least fgor the gyroscope sensor it doesnt. So if you like to use apps like point to sky or watch youtube 360 videos you cant.  

I find it unbelievable that Dell.....one of the closes Mirosoft partners got caught unprepared like this.  

Beside that......because there are NO drivers provided by Dell....the camera will NOT work.

19 Posts

July 30th, 2015 08:00

Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't upgraded yet and in fact I might purchase a separate SSD (256) and then attempt a install.  I did the upgrade on my main home system and it went fine; however, I had one issue with a monitor connecting/disconnecting every 5-8 seconds which was annoying.  It finally settled down.

The part that keeps me thinking is the partitions setup on the venue.  If anyone has info on this please let me know.  I see a partition for recovery exists but don't see the need for this once win 10 is installed, unless I can store the win 10 on it?

b

No Events found!