Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2015 10:00

Windows 10 and Windows Media Center

Hi, First I think to note my system and hardware.

Dell Studio 1749

Windows 7 Home upgraded to Windows 10.

8 Gig Ram

500 Gig HD.

I have the Integrated Avermedia A338 Hybrid Analog/ATSC (not sure why it says analog when in fact its digital) TV tuner. It came preinstalled using Windows Media Center as my viewing platform for TV. I used Windows Media Center for substantially more than just watching TV and the TV guide was indispensable. I was able to utilize WMC for TV, Video, music, recording video as well as recording sound. Now they've taken the one piece of software I used to plan my TV viewing schedule as well as my TV viewing medium. Just giving me DVD player software will not compensate for all I have lost. I know I could have just stayed with Win 7 but I like to be somewhat up to date on software and with Win 10 being free, that was icing on the cake, with the exception of missing WMC. BTW, I HATE Windows Media Player. Every time I load it, it either removes ALL my music and video files or Dupes them to give me 2 or more of everything.

Rant finished.

At any time in the near future will you be adding any type of TV Guide or Digital TV tuner viewing?

371 Posts

October 25th, 2015 15:00

Offered FWIW. At your own risk etc...

I haven't done it. Just aware of it.

www.neowin.net/.../microsofts-discontinued-media-center-suite-can-now-unofficially-be-installed-on-windows-10

No Events found!